- Automotores Gildemeister was founded in 1986 and began operations the same year as the official distributor of Hyundai Motor Company in Chile.
- In 1991, Ricardo Lessmann assumed the management and the business started to grow rapidly. In a few years, Hyundai was already # 2 in the market.
- In 1996, Maquinarias Gildemeister (Gildemeister Machinery) expanded its business to import, distribution and after sales service of equipment for construction, agriculture and industry.
- In 2001, the business overtook RTC to operate in the aftermarket spare parts.
- In 2002, they started operations in Peru with “Manasa” to distribute Ford.
- That same year, the subsidiary on used vehicles, “Carmeister”, started operations.
- In 2003, Automotores Gildemeister Peru subsidiary was created to manage the distribution of Hyundai Motor Company in the country. In some years, Hyundai was already No. 2 in the market.
- In 2006, Volvo and Land Rover were part of the portfolio of Manasa in Peru.
- In 2007, new subsidiaries were established to distribute vehicles from China and India: “Fortaleza” in Chile and “Motormundo” in Peru.
- In 2009, Comercial Gildemeister, started to operate in Chile for the distribution of MINI (from BMW Group), achieving over twice the average of historical sales within a few months. Another chapter was added that year with the introduction of MINI and BMW “Motorrad” in Peru.
- In February 2010, the exclusive distribution of all BMW Group brands started in Uruguay by means of the newborn Motor Haus. BMW vehicles, BMW Motorcycles and MINI brands are currently marketed in Uruguay with Headquarters in Montevideo.
- In January 2011, Minvest, Holding Gildemeister agreed to a strategic partnership with Group “Los Tres” with Headquarters in Guatemala, in which both groups decided to jointly invest in the automotive industry looking for business growth in Central America and the Caribbean; taking advantage, this way, of the combined vast experience of both companies in the automotive market. Group “Los Tres” is a company founded and headquartered in Guatemala for over 45 years, which began as representatives for Volvo automotive brand, and in the last 15 years has expanded its operations to El Salvador, Costa Rica and Panama through proper operations and to Belize, Honduras and Nicaragua, through distribution agreements with local highly regarded companies. In addition to Volvo; Group “Los Tres” also represents Jaguar, Porsche, MINI, Kawasaki and ZX AUTO in some (one) of the countries where they operate. The company employs about 230 employees.
- We have two finance companies to support all retail operations of the Group: Amicar and Finmeister.
- In June, 2011, Camur Automotores started its operations as exclusive importer and dealer for its brands Mahindra, Haima, Zotye and Yuejin in Uruguay.
The headquarters of Camur have a spacious and modern showroom, which is located on one of the main Avenues of Montevideo.
- In September 2011, Minvest acquired a 70% of Bramont S.A., which operates as Mahindra assembler and distributor in Brazil.